AL Military

Military personnel who are residents of Alabama upon entering military service remain residents of Alabama for income tax purposes until proof as to change of home of record has been made.

HALL_002_CTA - Lead magnet

Nonresident military personnel stationed within Alabama are not required to file an Alabama income tax return unless they have earned income from Alabama sources other than military pay.

Under the Military Spouses Residency Relief Act, a military spouse’s state of residence does not change when moving to a new state to be with a service member stationed there if the residence or domicile is the same for the service member and spouse.

Have questions?
Our Tax Smart Investor Plus subscription includes Live Q&As where you can get your questions answered by our seasoned tax experts.