Written by: on , Information Verified by a CPA.

Should I Pay My Child on a W-2 or 1099 Basis? [Tax Smart Daily 044]

A Short Read


Table Of Contents

    When you hire your children to work in your business, you should always pay them on a payroll basis. Learn more through this video from The Tax Smart Real Estate Investors YouTube channel.

    Listen in to learn:

    • Why you should always compensate your children on a payroll basis
    • What happens if you pay them on a 1099 basis

    Subscribe to the YouTube channel for more answers to real estate tax questions!

    Recent Articles


    After working with multiple CPAs, we didn't think we'd ever find the right one. However, working with Hall CPA PLLC, real estate CPAs and advisors, was easy, quick, and efficient. They answered all our questions till we understood, this is exactly the kind of relationship we were looking to build with our CPA so that we can grow our tax knowledge.

    Dominic and Jessica Franco - Business Owners