Written by: on , Information Verified by a CPA.

Capital Gain Exclusion: Selling Old Primary Residence Converted into a Rental [Tax Smart Daily 051]

A Short Read


Table Of Contents

    Learn about Section 121 and the $250,000 - $500,000 gain exclusion that you can get from selling your primary home that is converted into a rental.

    Listen in to learn about:
    • Section 121 (Capital Gain Exclusion)
    • $250,000 / $500,000 exclusion from the sale of a primary residence
    • How to qualify for the Capital Gain Exclusion
    • The non-qualified use of a property

    Subscribe to The Tax Smart Real Estate Investors YouTube channel for more answers to real estate tax questions!

    Recent Articles


    After working with multiple CPAs, we didn't think we'd ever find the right one. However, working with Hall CPA PLLC, real estate CPAs and advisors, was easy, quick, and efficient. They answered all our questions till we understood, this is exactly the kind of relationship we were looking to build with our CPA so that we can grow our tax knowledge.

    Dominic and Jessica Franco - Business Owners